Chapter Officers & Contacts
Vision & Goals
Our vision: Incorporate the AFCEA service areas while emphasizing revival and growth of the Chapter.
Goals for the coming year are:
1. Retention: Keep all current members in the Chapter. If a member moves, insure that we send letters of introduction to the AFCEA chapter in his new location. Select a Retention Committee Chair and develop a retention program. l newspapers.
2. Recruitment: Recruit new members and re-recruit former members of the Chapter still in the area. Use available media such as the Tester and the local and regional program. Select a Membership Committee Chair to develop and implement a recruiting program.
3. Programs: Develop a monthly luncheon speaker program that will showcase AFCEA membership. Use the programs as recruiting opportunities. Select a Programs Committee Chair to develop programs.
4. Social Programs: Develop a quarterly social program schedule that will enable informal interaction among the membership. Possibly featuring invited guests. Select a Social Programs Chair to develop social programs.
5. Special Projects: Develop a limited number of special projects in support of NAWCAD and NAVAIR interests. The projects may include Symposia, Studies or such other activities as may further the goals of Naval Aviation that are consistent with AFCEA interests. Once the projects have been defined, select a project chair to develop and execute the project.
6. Education Projects: The NAVAIR community is striving to improve C4ISR and IT capabilities. AFCEA can establish regional learning capabilities that will meet the professional goals of various organizations. The Chapter should seek to establish a Southern Maryland AFCEA education center to serve the growing professional community is Southern Maryland, possibly using existing educational facility spaces such as the SMHEC or St. Mary's College or on-base. Select an Education Projects Chair to develop and execute an AFCEA educational program.